What makes for a successful off-roader? Sure, a powerplant sending loads of low-end grunt to all four grippy all-terrain tires combined with a high-rising and flexible suspension are all essential to the success of any overlander, but that’s not necessarily the secret sauce. Durability is the key. Nothing spoils the euphoria of cruising through gorgeous landscapes in your Bronco, quite like a trail obstacle jumping out and viciously assaulting your undercarriage. While most of the critical bits under your Bronco are already well protected, the rear suspension is still left defenseless against the menacing wilderness. Well, defenseless until now.
- The Ultimate Guide For Intercooler Selection
- Air-to-Water vs. Air-to-Air Intercooling
- The Top 3 Things to Look for When Choosing an Intercooler
- 12 Ways To Prepare Your Diesel For Winter
- Equipment Profiles
- Coolant Overflow Tanks vs. Expansion Tanks
- Coolant Basics
- What Is Blow By?
- Do Try This at Home – 10 Easy Updates You Can Do This Weekend
- Horsepower and You
- Air Filters: Dry vs Oiled
- Air Metering 101: Maf vs. Speed Density
- Turbocharging vs. Supercharging
- Blow Off Valves Explained
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Performance Intercooler, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3 Performance Intercooler, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L/2.7L Stock Performance Stock Location Intercooler, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L Performance Intercooler Pipes, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Performance Intercooler Pipes, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L/2.7L Borne Off-Road Snorkel, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Performance Intake, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L Performance Intake, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Baffled Oil Catch Can
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Baffled Oil Catch Can, PCV-Side, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L Baffled Oil Catch Can, 2021+
- BMW F8X M3/M3 Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit, CCV Side, 2015-2020
- BMW M2C/M3/M4 DCT Transmission Cooler, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M3/M4 Direct Fit Oil Cooler, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M2C/M3/M4 Performance Heat Exchanger, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M2C/M3/M4 Charge Pipe Kit, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M2C/M3/M4 Performance Air-to-Water Intercooler, 2015-2020
- Posted: March 13, 2023Categories: BroncoContinue Reading »
- Posted: February 09, 2023Categories: BroncoContinue Reading »
It’s no secret that the Bronco is a capable off-roader right off Ford’s assembly line. During its absence from the roads and trails, Ford bolstered both the platform and the available options to solidify the Bronco at the top of the off-roading food chain. While any Bronco option is a strong choice, these vehicles are only as strong as their weakest link. In this case, the chink in the Bronco’s armor comes from the coolant expansion tank, but we already have a solution.
- Posted: February 09, 2023Continue Reading »
Updating infrastructure is all about preparing for the future. We, as a society, are constantly expanding highways, power grids, and server rooms to prepare for increased bandwidth usage. The story is the same under the hood of any turbocharged vehicle since most enthusiasts are plotting to turn up the boost. The construction of our charged air corridor might have only started back in the spring, but we’re finally ready to open this new high-pressure highway.
Additional volume is essential for tuning turbocharged applications. With the impending wave of oncoming boost, we needed to ensure that the piping system would be equipped to handle everything a performance tune could throw at them. In our last post we covered our inner diameter size increases upwards of 110% over the stock piping, and now we wanted to see how that equates in terms of performance.
- Posted: February 09, 2023Continue Reading »
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as reaping the benefits of a carefully calculated plan coming together. While enhancing a few pipes under the 2.3L powered Bronco might not seem like much of an undertaking, even the minor steps in any build require plenty of planning. We’re almost ready to see how much more bandwidth our piping system can handle, but first, we wanted to show off the fruits of our careful consideration.
Last seen in their 3D printed plastic
- Posted: February 09, 2023Categories: Ford Bronco 2.7L Performance Intercooler, 2021+Continue Reading »
The 2.7L Bronco is a true adventure machine. No matter the trim or configuration, these twin-turbo V6-powered Broncos are determined to get you to any destination, no matter what’s in their way. Well, for the most part. Unfortunately, the intercooler keeping the charged air from those turbos cool isn’t exactly up to the task, and it’s in the way of more pertinent off-roading gear. So, to retain the 2.7L’s sheer determination, we had some better ideas for the intercooler, and now it’s time to see how they perform.
- Posted: February 09, 2023Categories: Ford Bronco 2.3 Performance Intercooler, 2021+Continue Reading »
The engineers at Ford developed their latest and greatest Bronco for the high road, but the intercooler used across the lineup wasn’t quite up to the task of wilderness exploration. Plus, we can think of plenty of better uses for the OEM intercooler’s mounting location. So we told the OEM intercooler to take a hike and took our new design to the high road. It’s been a long journey getting to the trailhead, but we’re finally ready to start our dyno journey with our plucky 2.3L-powered Pedro taking point.
- Continue Reading »
When it comes to keeping charged air temperatures in check, the intercooler is only as good as its air source. The core’s size and the end tanks’ shape almost become irrelevant if no reliable source of fresh air passes through the fins. Intercooling is a team effort, and while the core may be the star of the show, it’s nothing without the rest of the crew. In the last post, we covered the literal supporting cast, but now it’s time to introduce the ducting.
- Continue Reading »
While it might not seem like it, any excursion in the Bronco is a team effort. From the driver’s seat, you’re just manipulating the throttle and steering while generally making smart decisions, but the brigade of electronics, sensors, and hardware supporting the EcoBoost powertrain strapped to this modern off-roading chassis all work in perfect harmony to go over any terrain. Teamwork is, in fact, making the dream work. The same could be said regarding the Bronco’s intercooler re-homing process. Our fresh high-mount intercooler design might be the show’s star, but it turns into a fancy paperweight without its literal supporting cast.
- Posted: February 08, 2023Categories: Ford F-150 Borne Off-Road Skid Plates, 2015+Continue Reading »
The Ford Raptor is the embodiment of go anywhere, do anything machines. The broad haunches and aggressive look deliver a commanding presence on the road, with the towering tires and amped-up suspension ready to take control once the pavement runs out. Unfortunately, while these ferocious dune-crushing monsters are generally well prepared for anything the trail can throw at it, these Raptors still have a crippling weakness – their soft underbelly.
Being a purpose-built off-roader, Ford didn’t leave the delicate bits under the Raptor completely unguarded. At a cursory glance, it looks like this truck is already well protected. The angled front engine skid plate contributes to its rugged visage, but things start to thin out the more we venture underneath the truck.
- Posted: September 21, 2022Continue Reading »
For any community, the wants and needs of the enthusiast essentially boil down to style and speed. These Broncos already roll off the assembly line looking the part, but, let's face it, we all want that extra grunt under the hood, no matter the reason. These Off-roaders weren't exactly designed for speed, but some extra ponies added to the pack only make the Bronco more capable when the trail gets treacherous. One of the best stepping stones on the quest for additional power out of your rig comes from an intercooler upgrade. While the 2.7L powered Broncos are packing more of a punch than their four-cylinder 2.3L counterpart, they both share this same key to that sequestered power potential, and now we'll see what the 2.7L has hidden away.
To unveil the 2.7L Bronco's hidden performance, we're